Better Behaviour Through Home-School
Better Behaviour Through Home-School Relations: Using values-based education to promote positive learning
By Gill Ellis, Nicola S Morgan and Professor Ken Reid
How can we create effective partnerships between home, school and the community?
How can the relationships and communication between families and school be strengthened?
How can families help schools to improve behaviour in their children, both at home and at school?
Using a tried and tested framework that has been successfully implemented throughout a wide variety of very different schools and settings, ‘Family Values’ is a Scheme which engages and empowers families to work in close collaboration with schools and organisations, and which results in long-term improvements in behaviour, communication, pupil achievement and relationships. The ‘Family Values’ Scheme has been proven to:
- Help pupils to be more academically diligent
- Help schools to assume a calmer, more peaceful ambience
- Forge better pupil-teacher relationships
- Improve Pupil and teacher wellbeing
- Help parents to be more engaged with the school
- Improve children’s literacy, behaviour and attendance
- Provide head teachers and their staff with an effective whole-school strategy.
Showing schools and organisations how to create effective partnerships with families and the community in a fun, exciting and sustainable way, Better Behaviour through Home-School Relations will be of huge benefit to all school staff, as well as local authorities, support groups, parents, charities and services.
Cost £24.99 plus P&P £4.99