NEW COURSE: Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Training
Did you know that 1 in 3 adult mental health conditions relate directly to adverse childhood experiences? This one-day course is designed to provide an understanding of the impact that adversity, complexity and trauma can have on the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people. The course will also provide practical strategies and suggested resources which can be used to help support children and young people both at home and in school.
- Develop an understanding of Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Explore how ACEs can impact on the developing child
- Understand the importance of relationships and resilience building
- Consider why a knowledge of ACEs is significant for your work
- Understand the role of resilience in helping children/young people cope with adversity
- Explore what factors can support the development of resilience
- Understand what you can do to help others build resilience
- Develop a system of reflective practice for staff wellbeing and resilience
For information regarding dates and venues click here
This course is also available at your school as an INSET.