This will be a practical workbook led session where delegates will be taken through key elements of the regulation in a structured approach. Relevant information can be captured as we progress through the workshop and this will act as the foundation stones of a plan when delegates return to their work place. Headline areas that will be covered:
By attending this workshop delegates will have a very good basis from which to build a specific plan for their organisation. Within the delegate pack will be a Jargon buster summary and a Journal Record booklet. The Journal record booklet is a critical tool to record all that is being done to comply with the regulation in 2018.
Each workbook has practical element but also reference pages mapping key elements of the regulation.
£225+VAT (early bird – London & Birmingham)
£260+VAT (standard rate – London & Birmingham)
Early bird offer is available 2 months before the course date
Includes refreshments, brunch, workbook and CPD Certificate
- Background to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and what it means for Schools & Colleges.
- Personal Data – the 6 Lawful Reason to process individuals personal data.
- Special Considerations for Children’s data.
- Guidelines for obtaining consent and information sharing.
- The Data Processing Officer role.
- Terms & Conditions around different types of personal data held.
- Policies & Procedures – what they will need to encompass.
- Staff Handbooks & Contracts of Employment. Considerations.
- IT – are you secure. Cyber Essentials Reports.
- Breach Reporting within 72 hours. A new requirement for all enterprises.
- Dealing with Subject access requests.
- Need for GDPR to be owned from Board/Governors down to all front line staff. Staff Communicating the importance of compliance.
- Regular review of your plan after 25th May 2018