This full day course will provide delegates working in the early years with simple concepts to support and develop manipulation skills required to forge handwriting control and co-ordination. By combining music and movement delegates will learn how to aid and improve writing skills through physical literacy. They will discover opportunities to develop mark making in a creative and meaningful context. Staff will be inspired through the introduction of new ideas and build confidence in their lesson planning and preparation.
£225 + VAT (Early bird)
£260 + VAT (Standard rate)
Early bird offer is available 2 months before course date.
Includes lunch, refreshments, full set of course notes and CPD Certificate.
This course will support practitioners to:
- Understand the principles of movement and how they impact on gross and fine motor control
- Develop confidence to extend the physical activity opportunities within the setting
- Create an inspiring environment where children can engage and learn
- Understand that Creative planning can elicit excellent responses and engage children by using a range of stimuli to inspire learning and learners
- Provide attendees with confidence in the areas of dance/movement/singing/music
- Understand how physical literacy builds a foundation in personal/social/emotional and physical well being