This one day course will focus on how to transform your school into a pupil led learning organisation. Practical pedagogical ideas underpinned by sound theoretical principles and how it has successfully been put into practice in real school settings. Giving pupils a voice and a choice in their learning helps them become ambitious, resilient, independent learners.
Gill Ellis, an Executive Headteacher, will be delivering this course following an outstanding inspection report by ESTYN on June 2018. She will be sharing ideas and demonstrate outstanding feature in the wide range of responsibilities that pupils undertake and the very positive impact these have on standards of behaviour, the quality of provision, and pupils’ wellbeing and learning within her both schools.
Gill Ellis was renowned for the pupil leadership team works particularly effectively alongside staff and governors to observe lessons and to provide feedback to pupils and teachers to improve the quality of teaching and to discuss their work. As a result of these leadership roles, a significant number of pupils develop highly effective leadership and life skills and therefore she is keen to share these with you and guiding you and your school through this course and school visit.
Gill Ellis is also inviting you to her school to experience and overlook the way pupils participate in the school and to guide on how this could work for you at your school. (Schools are based in Torfaen, South Wales area).
Day 1: Pupil participation course with Gill Ellis – 14 March
Day 2: School visit to see pupil participation in action with Gill Ellis – 15 March
£390 + VAT early bird Cardiff
£450 + VAT standard rate Cardiff
Accommodation is not included but can be arrange by NSM Training & Consultancy Ltd.
• To understand how to involve pupils in policy making;
• To developing pupils as resilient learner;
• To know how to use pupil participation groups to monitor classroom learning e.g. learning detectives;
• To know how to use pupil participation groups to monitor pupil voice;
• To know and understand how to give pupils a voice in curriculum planning and teaching;
• To know how to involve pupils in effective self-evaluation and school development planning;
• To know how to have effective school to school pupil participation.