This one-day course is designed to provide a step-by-step approach to effectively embed Character Education within your classroom and school. Character education is an umbrella term for all educational activities that help pupils to develop positive personal strengths called virtues. The Department for Education’s Developing Character Skills in Schools report believes that such desirable character traits can support improved academic attainment, are valued by employers and can enable children to make a positive contribution to British society.
£225 + VAT (Early bird)
£260 + VAT (Standard rate)
Early bird offer is available 2 months before course date.
Includes lunch, refreshments, full set of course notes and CPD Certificate.
- What are the 11 principles of character education?
- Explore what is meant by character education and the effects of embedding a plan to develop character within your school.
- What does character education look like in real life?
- How does it link to the pupils’ academic learning?
- Unpack case studies from two schools exploring the process of implementing and embedding character education and how this impacted the teaching and learning.
- How should I implement character education in my school?
- Look at a step by step approach to introducing character education and begin to develop long term plans and goals.
- What does character education look like in real life? How does it link to the pupils’ academic learning?
- Share in a wealth of ideas to move character education forward through assemblies, tasks, videos and events.