This one-day course provides practical strategies and ideas that will contribute to the effective engagement of families and the involvement of parents in their child’s education. Parental engagement with school staff has a significant and very positive impact on children’s learning, and strategies presented have been extensively trialed in a variety of different settings. Throughout the course delegates are shown how to understand the importance of family engagement and evidence the outcomes.
A FREE copy of the book Engaging Families in Schools when booking course.
This book has been split into ten easily accessible units:
- Understanding the importance of parent engagement.
- Using whole-school strategies to engage parents.
- The role of the family engagement officer.
- Engaging all parents.
- Engaging Dads.
- Engaging multicultural parents.
- Difficult to engage parents.
- Working with parents to improve student attainment.
- Working with parents to improve behaviour and attendance.
- Working with parents of children with additional needs.
£199 + VAT (Early bird)
£230 + VAT (Standard rate)
Early bird offer is available 2 months before course date.
Includes lunch, refreshments, full set of course notes and CPD Certificate.
- Discuss effective strategies to engage more parents including the difficult to engage;
- Discover ways to make your school more accessible to parents;
- Understand barriers to parental involvement;
- Look at ways to work with parents to improve behaviour and attendance;
- Develop ways to raise standards through parental engagement;
- Embed a positive approach to parent voice;
- Implement a Parent Involvement Policy to build whole school approaches to involving parents;
- Ways to support parents with mental health;
- Use technology to build parental interest and engagement.