This full day course is aimed at delegates working in the early years and focuses on inspirational ways to engage pupils in numeracy while adopting a movement based approach. Recent evidence based studies have demonstrated a positive response when using active learning alongside classroom planning. The course will combine theory and practical skills.
£195+VAT (early bird)
£225+VAT (standard rate)
Early bird offer is available 2 months before the course date.
Includes lunch, refreshments, full set of notes and certificate.
This course will support practitioners to:
- Understand the principles of movement and how they impact on spatial awareness and basic mathematical concepts
- Develop confidence to extend the physical activity opportunities within the setting
- Create an inspiring environment where children can engage and learn
- Understand that Creative planning can elicit excellent responses and engage children by using a range of stimuli to inspire learning and learners
- Discover how rhythm, musicality and sequencing supports mathematical understanding