This course is designed to provide you with a toolkit of information, resources and practical strategies to support mental heath and wellbeing as well as create an inclusive school where everyone feels safe and valued. Schools have a key role to play in supporting students to achieve their potential and improve their emotional wellbeing, is your school:
• Prioritizing mental health?
• Effectively supporting vulnerable pupils?
• Implementing early intervention strategies to identify mental health problems?
• Offering students, the necessary therapeutic support?
Did you know:
• 1 in 10 children and young people aged 5 to 16 suffer from a diagnosable mental health disorder that is around three children in every class.
• Between 1 in every 12 and 1 in 15 children and young people deliberately self-harm.
• Nearly 80,000 children and young people suffer from severe depression.
• 72% of children in care have behavioural or emotional problems; these are some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
*Statistics taken from Young Minds
£195 + VAT (Early bird)
£225+ VAT (Standard rate)
Early bird offer is available 2 months before course date.
Includes lunch, refreshments, full set of course notes and CPD Certificate.
- Understand different types of mental health disorders including anxiety, depression, self-hard and eating disorders
- Recognise warning signs and take effective preventative action
- Follow a framework when faced with a student of member of staff who displays a mental health concern
- Look at ways to create an inclusive school which supports students and staff with mental health issues
- Optimise pupil and staff wellbeing by providing effective support
- Practice ways to facilitate conversations around an individual’s mental health concern
- Identify ways to sign post, support and guide individuals to seek appropriate help and advise and establish when to involve external agencies
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of staff, parents and carers
- Effective ways to work with families to promote mental health and wellbeing
- Optimise student wellbeing by providing effective support