Our trainers Tony Lampert and Helen Elliott are accredited facilitators for the Safer Recruitment Consortium which ensures you will be receiving the very best quality of training that is endorsed by the DfE and Ofsted and fully compliant with the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education (2018).
The course includes an assessment and is certificated.
What makes our training different is that it is delivered by two facilitators who bring together combined experience and expertise in both safeguarding and human resources. Our trainers’ professional background includes the provision of advice and consultation to schools in relation to both safeguarding and recruitment practice. Consequently they have an exceptional understanding of the Schools’ Inspection Framework and the safeguarding environment, and have experience of how schools/early years settings operate today, as well as in the HR context.
Helen and Tony are the lead providers of choice for a number of Local Authorities where the training is consistently evaluated as having an immensely positive impact in helping schools and early years settings to strengthen recruitment practice.
- Gain awareness and understanding of offender behaviour;
- Understand the key features of recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people;
- Know what to look for in application forms;
- Consider useful interview questions;
- Implement pre employment checks including recent updates;
- Consider case studies;
- Gain support to consider or review, your own policies and practices to minimise opportunities for abuse, promote prevention and ensure an ongoing culture of vigilance.