Our trainers Tony Lampert and Helen Elliott are accredited facilitators for the Safer Recruitment Consortium which ensures you will be receiving the very best quality of training that is endorsed by the DfE and Ofsted and fully compliant with the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education (2018)
The course includes an assessment and is certificated
What makes our training different is delivery by 2 facilitators who bring combined experience and expertise in both safeguarding and human resources.
The trainers’ professional background has included the provision of advice and consultation to schools in relation to both safeguarding and recruitment practice. Consequently we have an understanding of the Schools’ inspection framework, the safeguarding environment and experience of how schools operate today, including the HR context.
Helen and Tony are the providers of choice for a number of Local Authorities where the training is consistently evaluated positively as having impact in helping schools and early years settings to strengthen recruitment practice.
- Awareness and understanding of offender behaviour;
- The key features of recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people;
- What to look for in application forms;
- Useful interview questions;
- Pre employment checks, including recent updates
- Case studies;
- Support to consider or review, your own policies and practices to minimise opportunities for abuse, promote prevention and ensure an ongoing culture of vigilance.