Nicola S Morgan
Nicola is an international educational consultant, teacher and author with over twenty years experience working in a variety of early years, primary and secondary settings, including mainstream and special needs schools. During this time she has developed a reputation for successfully managing the most challenging classes and pupils as well as motivating and inspiring staff to help implement change and ensure sustainability. Consequently, she now runs training courses for schools/parents and is often invited to speak at key conferences on growth mindsets, behaviour change and effective ways of engaging families.
She is a regular speaker at the TES and The National Education show, NASUWT conferences and BBC Radio. Nicola is also an International Values Education (IVET) approved trainer, an NLP Master Practitioner and member of the Professional Speaking Association.
Nicola is an advocate of growth mindsets and is currently embarking on her own growth mindset development by swimming solo the English Channel on 7 August 2017. The aim of which is to raise awareness and funding for mental health & wellbeing through the charity MIND as well as empower education staff to develop their own growth mindset. She has published the following books:
- Quick, Easy and Effective Behaviour Management Ideas for the Classroom (Jessica Kingsley, 2009)
- Behaviour Management in Primary Schools: A Practical Handbook (Welsh Assembly Government)
- The Family Values Scheme (NSM Training & Consultancy Ltd, 2009)
- The 5 Step Behaviour Programme (NSM Training & Consultancy Ltd, 2009)
- A Kit Bag for Promoting Positive Behaviour in the Classroom (Jessica Kingsley, 2011)
- Tackling Behaviour in the Primary School (Routledge Publishers, 2012)
- Changing Behaviour Through Better Home-School Relationships (Routledge Publishers, 2012)
- Good Choice Teddy Handbook (Good Choice Teddy Ltd, 2012)
- The Family Engagement Officer’s Toolkit (NSM Training & Consultancy Ltd, 2014)
- Engaging Families in Schools: Practical strategies to improve parental involvement (Routledge Publishers, 2016)