The SENCO/AENCO has a very important strategic role to play in a school and yet many are not on the leadership team and most have a significant teaching commitment. This course will offer advice and support on managing SEND provision within a mainstream school especially when challenged with the above.
- Give delegates an overview of the strategic role of the SENCO/AENCO
- Offer support and guidance on managing teaching staff to ensure that every teacher is offering high-quality teaching for all pupils including those with SEND
- Propose models for the effective deployment of support staff
- Offer strategies and tools to share with staff
- Offer opportunities to discuss their role and responsibilities with a network of other SENCO/AENCOs