The second of three professional training courses for staff working with and engaging families. This one-day course is designed to further develop the delegate’s understanding of the Family Engagement Officer role. Working within a school context and in partnership with other agencies and with parents, the Family Engagement Officer offers early intervention, support, guidance and advice to improve outcomes for children, young people and families. This course provides new ideas, resources, information and practical approaches to further develop the role.
· Understand the various ways that the Family Engagement Officer can advocate on children’s, young people’s and families’ behalf when working with other partners and making referrals to other agencies.
· To be able to use methods to identify, engage and develop targeted parents to achieve the desired outcomes.
· Effective ways to evaluate parental and family progression. Develop an outstanding action plan.
· Organise and present documentation professionally.
· Understand the role that the Family Engagement Officer has in the safeguarding of pupils.
· Practice and understand the principles underpinning accurate and relevant case note writing and record keeping.
· Understand and use the templates for making referrals and gathering information for assessments and case conferences.