Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is term used to describe a spectrum of learning and behaviour differences which often overlaps with Autistic Spectrum Disorder ASD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder ODD This Course will consider a range of systems and practical strategies in order to address successful learning, behaviour and socialisation outcomes for children with ADHD, ASD and ODD
- Demystifying ADHD, ASD and ODD and considering the impact on girls and boys.
- Inclusive whole school approaches including setting rules, rituals and routines, accessing the curriculum, seating, goal setting, organisation, study skills, homework and rewarding positive outcomes.
- Managing a range of demanding behaviours including dealing with disruption, distractibility, insatiability, defiance, passive resistance, anger and aggression.
- Socialisation and friendships including consideration of how best to deal with peer interaction during class and non-classroom time, including issues of bullying.
- Working with parents and carers including home school collaboration and communication and preparing the child and family for transitions.
- Designing a series of case studies in order to consider a range of short and long term options for management.
Course LeaderFin O’Regan
VenueEtc Venue - Elephant & Castle Avonmouth House, London, SE1 6NX
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.