Our Positive Handling Course ensures staff have the correct training and can feel confident when dealing with challenging pupils. The course includes latest educational legislative guidance and is regularly legally audited to ensure robustness against pupil and parent accusations. There are limitations and legal implications of using “Reasonable Force” in Educational settings.
This course is certified by the Institute of Conflict Management.
The legal and human rights responsibilities session:
- Relevant Education Act Sections
- Understanding the use of reasonable force
- Relevant Health & Safety at Work Act responsibility
- DoE Guidance
- Managing Risk
The practical session:
- How to identify and manage key indicators preceding assault
- Invaluable de-escalation principle
- Low level escorting and guiding
- Simple, effective and lawful interventions to protect pupils and staff