The Growth Mindset course will offer participants a step-by-step approach to effectively embed this educational research which has already boosted achievement and resilience within classrooms and schools.
This step-by-step approach gives delegates teaching resources, information etc. needed to make growth mindset a reality for students. Delegates will have the ability to not only change the minds of their students but also help them embrace challenge, keep going when things get tough, and continue putting in effort until they master the learning they face.
- Understand the theory of Professor Carol Dweck’s mindsets and look at ways to put it into practice.
- Identify the differences between Growth and Fixed Mindset.
- Gain an understanding of neuroscience in the classroom.
- Unpick how growth mindsets can increase achievement.
- Gain a deeper understanding into resilience and practical ways to develop resilience.
- Follow a step by step approach to embed growth mindsets within your school
All school staff
‘Brilliant day. I’m so interested in how children learn and today has given me a clear and practical way to introduce this to my school. I will return to school enthused and prepared to introduce the concept to staff and children. Lots of excellent ideas that I can’t wait to experiment with. I’ve always been a risk-taking teacher and great to realise how beneficial this is to learning now hopefully I’ll be doing it in a more constructive manner. Many thanks for a fantastic day.’
Helen Bishop, Somerset
‘A very enjoyable course, everything was interesting informative and very relevant to my setting currently. Nicola was relatable, enthusiastic and extremely motivating. I feel confident in my knowledge and starting this journey in school. Thank you very much.’
Carrie McGinley, Principle Teacher, Auchinlock Primary School, Lanark
‘Lots of valuable ideas that will be implemented to the classroom activities. By incorporating activities discussed I feel that the children in the class will benefit and become better/more confident learners.’
Llio Rhismart, Ysgol Craig Y Deryn