This one-day course offers over 20 different approaches to helping children learn to write. Using a developmental approach based on
occupational therapy techniques you will discover numerous five- to 10-minute fixes that are quick and can be applied in any classroom setting.
It is designed to help you teach the struggling writer whether that be as a whole class, in a small group or 1 to 1.
· · To understand the developmental process of handwriting
· · To recognise the child’s perspective of having a handwriting difficulty
· · To learn why more children are arriving at school not ready to write and to realise it’s impact in the classroom
· · To be familiar with the latest handwriting research in terms of what works and what doesn’t.
· · To leave with a selection of techniques that you can easily apply in the classroom with minimal prep.
Course LeaderSheilagh Blyth
the best in terms of content and presentation. Keep up the wonderful enthusiasm for
such an important part of a child’s education that causes so much stress for many of
technically makes me a handwriting tutor) but this was the first by an OT so the
emphasis seemed a lot more practical, child friendly and based on a developmental
approach rather than educational”.